Saturday, January 23, 2010

The same, only different

These ornaments are the same, but with different colored scarves, so I’m showing the back of one for the big ribbon bow and the front of the other so you can his enormous gold beak and those big blue eyes.

I bought the first one on a baseball trip to Kansas City and packed it away until Christmas. When I saw the green one at Stowe Mercantile, I knew it looked like the other one, but I wasn’t sure about the color. I knew it was the same, yet somehow it looked different. I decided to buy it, even if it was an exact duplicate, because I liked it.

When I got home I poked around the Christmas tree to find the first one. I was happy and surprised that they had different colored scarves.

Merck Family’s Old World Christmas small glass ornament with red glittery scarf, big orange beak and blue eyes

Acquired: Dec. 27, 2008, Stowe Mercantile, Stowe, Vt.

Number: 609

Price: $8

Size: 2 inches tall

Merck Family’s Old World Christmas small glass ornament with green glittery scarf, big orange beak and blue eyes

Acquired: May 15, 2008, Holiday Magic, Kansas City, Mo.

Number: 463

Price: $6.99

Size: 2 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment