Sunday, January 24, 2010

Away we go


This is a massive ceramic ornament, but he looks so light on his feet as his scarf floats in the breeze while he glides across the ice on one skate with the other foot raised in the back. The gold glitter trim on his chest, scarf, hat and skates are a nice touch. But his expression, his puffy cheeks and that raised wing waving to us as he whooshes by are what make him special.
The last few posts have all featured ornaments I found in Stowe, Vt., which I left today after another great ski trip. There are a few more ornaments from Stowe that I’ll post another time, and I hope there will be more penguins from return trips to one of my favorite vacation towns.

Penguin on golden skates
Acquired: Feb. 2, 2005, The Christmas Loft, Stowe, Vt.
Number: 233
Price: $7.99
Size: 4.75 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment