Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Moving on



Laughing, loaded with gifts and decked out in a glittery green scarf and red stocking hat, this penguin looks like he’s in a hurry to get to the holiday festivities. I have a number of other Merck Family ornaments that will appear in future posts. They have a distinctive tag on the hanging loop with the initials O.W.C. I found this one at the Christmas Loft, which had become one of the regular stops on my ski trips to Stowe, Vt. I'm back again today for a few days, but the Christmas Loft is closed now, although it's still open in a couple of other locations in Vermont and their web site can be found online. The black spot on the front view of the penguin is actually a hole, probably a small blowout. I don’t remember seeing the flaw until this year, so I don’t know how or when it happened.
Merck Family’s Old World Christmas “Perky Penguin” glass ornament
Acquired: Feb. 2, 2005, The Christmas Loft, Stowe, Vt.
Number: 232
Size: About 3.5 inches tall
Price: $6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment