Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My penguin posse



Thanks to a number of alert and generous friends and relatives, I have a lot more penguin Christmas tree ornaments than if I were doing this on my own. And not just ornaments: you name it and I probably have one with penguins on it. SallyAnn Rogers, a college friend, and her son, Ian, found this glass ornament for me in the early 1990s. I still have the box they used to carefully pack it and send it to me, but sadly, I did not record the year.
It’s very possible that I’ve mixed things up over the years and have the wrong penguin in the wrong box. If so, I apologize for not keeping better track. Whether this is the right penguin or not, I’d like to take this moment to thank SallyAnn and Ian and all the others in my penguin posse for continually surprising me with the penguins they find for me.
Acquired: early 1990s.
Number: 0107
Price: gift
Size: about 4 inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment