Monday, March 1, 2010

Rules were made to be broken



After checking into my hotel for a convention in San Francisco, I went out to get a haircut and to buy a couple of things I had forgotten to pack. I found a hair salon in a nearby mini mall, which also happened to have a San Francisco Music Box Company store. Yes, they had Christmas ornaments, so I went in to see what I could find. The clerk asked me if I was looking for anything in particular, then showed me this musical penguin and maybe one or two others that I already owned. I looked around a little more before going to the checkout counter, where the clerk had boldly placed this:



It’s a wind-up music box with a pair of penguins that skate around the rink to the tune of “Winter Wonderland.” The ornament plays “White Christmas” when you press the bottom. The penguin on the ornament matches the penguins playing on and around the skating rink, and it’s carrying the same tree that is perched on top of the music box. I try to obey a rule about buying only tree ornaments, but I think I was justified in making an exception this time.

San Francisco Music Box Company musical ornament that matches Ice Fantasy Penguin Twirly skating rink music box
Acquired: September 9, 2000, San Francisco Music Box Company
Number: 0187
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: Much more than I expected to spend that day

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the penguin-tree love on my blog. It's great to find another penguin ornament lover out there. I look forward to following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete