Sunday, March 21, 2010

It came with the house


When I bought my brother and sister-in-law’s house in the Poconos it was like moving into a familiar and comfy place. They didn’t take everything with them, including my two nieces who continued to live there. My first night in the house in the summer of 2007, I found this little penguin on a shelf and noticed that it had a hole in its head. Perfect for a tree ornament. Well, I put the penguin with some other knickknacks and forgot about it until after Christmas. That’s when I glued a piece of string into the hole in the head and added the ornament to the tree. I think it originally came from Target, which features other products that have penguins like this one.

Heavy Target-style penguin, red tie with green and white stripes, red earmuffs
Acquired: 2007, but made into an ornament Jan. 19, 2008
Number: 0451
Size: 2.5 inches tall
Price: free

No comments:

Post a Comment