Monday, March 22, 2010

Taking count

I’m taking the bold move of assigning numbers to the first couple of hundred of my penguin ornaments. Much of this will be from memory and a few records like airline tickets and credit card receipts, but mostly I’ll be guessing. I feel fairly confident that today’s post features my second set of penguin ornaments, but I don’t remember who gave them to me or whether I bought them somewhere. All I know is that I’ve had them almost since the beginning when I would pack the ornaments away in egg cartons. All of the early ornaments were small and most would fit easily in each egg compartment. I thought I really had something by the time I was up to about six egg cartons. Now, I need six or seven big plastic storage tubs of various sizes to store them all. These four are holding various Christmas items: a wreath, a candy cane, a bag of something (maybe gold) and what looks like a rocket, but it may be a bird house.

Four wooden penguins with wreath, candy cane, felt sack and rocket or bird house
Acquired: late 1970s or early 80s
Number: 0005 through 0008
Size: about 3.75 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment