Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Penguins everywhere

When I arrived at work, I found a penguin book on my desk, along with a couple of pages ripped out of last year’s Cute Overland day-by-day calendar and a few missing disks for a Penguins of Madagascar toy that shoots them from its mouth. (It’s probably safe for a child to use, but it makes you wonder.) The book consists of page after page of astounding photographs by Mitsuaki Iwago. All this penguin excellence came from Cheryl Levenbrown, a colleague who regularly sends penguin things and penguin news my way. She’s also one of the top two Bruce Springsteen fans that I know. Today’s “ornament” is a contribution from Cheryl. As you can see in the photo, it’s actually a key chain, but it hangs easily on the tree, so I’ve included it in the collection. I’ve got a few other key chains that I hang on the tree as well. One of these days I’ll cut off the key chain part and nobody will be able to tell the difference. Anyway, thanks, Cheryl, for all the penguins.

Floating penguin key chain
Acquired: June 2004
Number: 230
Size: 2.5 inches tall

2 comments:

  1. This guy is adorable! I love how tiny he is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have measured just the penguin. It might be in the running for tiniest penguin on the tree. I still think these two from January 15 still come in smaller, especially the baby.

    ReplyDelete