Friday, December 24, 2010

Just like old times

Anne Kloster wasn’t able to tell me much about the ornaments except that some were considerably old. I hope some day that I can find out more about the penguins I found at her shop in Regensberg, Germany.  This glittery bulbous penguin is almost certainly from the mid 1980s, because I have two other glass ornaments that are exactly the same shape. 

The only difference is the paint job. I don’t know exactly when I got the first two, but it seems like I’ve always had them. At least one of them was a gift, I think.

Another ornament I hope I can identify is this Christopher Radko penguin. I’ll have to see if I can dig up some old Radko catalogs in order to find out what year it was made. It can’t be more than 25 years and it’s probably made more like 10 or 12 years ago. Just a guess.

Glittery bulbous glass ornament with red eyes and beak
Acquired: July 1, 2009, Regensburger-Tändlerei, Regensburg, Germany
Number: 0655
Size: 4.75 inches tall
Price: about 19.80 €

Two bulbous glass ornaments
Acquired: mid 1980s, probably at least one a gift
Number: 0159 0160
Size: about 4.75 inches tall

Well-dressed glass Christopher Radko genteleman
Acquired: July 1, 2009, Regensburger-Tändlerei, Regensburg, Germany
Number: 0653
Size:
Price: 49 euros

No comments:

Post a Comment