Monday, December 13, 2010

Everybody wins

The Festival of Trees opened Friday at the Electric City Trolley Museum in Scranton with a well-attended reception that raised a lot of money for Toys for Tots. Charlie, Marge and Jen Babaz were there to celebrate with me. Without their help and support I don’t think I would have been able to get the tree ready in time. Mountainhome Antiques, Marge and Charlie’s store, was my official sponsor. My Penguin Tree did not win an award, but there was a lot of great competition.
First Place and the People’s Choice winner was the Hubbard Bicycle Club’s amazing tree that was right next to mine. The decorations were old bicycle parts, the skirt was a ring of their bicycle shirts and a helmet was the tree topper. Scattered amongst the tires and gears and chains were pictures of the club’s members and their adventures.

You can read more about the event here and you can see more pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment