Monday, November 15, 2010

Repeats

I felt like this pair of penguins looked familiar, but I wasn’t certain enough to leave A Christmas Past without buying them. It turned out that I already had the guy, a gift from my niece Becky, who found it in Chincoteague, Va., where she was working that summer. Just as well, because now I had an extra. Last year I hung one from the rearview mirror in my car. My Penguin Tree to go!

These penguins look a lot like another penguin couple for which I also happen to have two of the male. I bought Thaddeus and Millicent at Disneyland on my way home from Australia. A few weeks later, my friend and colleague Wallace Schroeder, gave me a couple of ornaments, including another Thaddeus.

Second police officer not shown)
Also at A Christmas Past, I bought a penguin firefighter and penguin police officer that wound up being duplicates. A year later, I bought an identical set, thinking that they would go with a mail carrier ornament. Oh, well, I was wrong. However, all of these are extremely nice ornaments, and I don’t mind at all having repeats.

TJ’s Christmas penguin couple decked out in red
Acquired: September 28, 2008, A Christmas Past, New Hope, Pa.
Number: 0517 0518
Size: 4 inches tall

Male penguin in red vest and hat
Acquired: August 15, 2008, gift from my niece Becky on her birthday
Number: 490
Size: 4 inches tall

Department 56 Christmas Krinkles Thaddeus and Millicent Penguin
Acquired: December 2, 2004, World of Disney Store, Downtown Disney, Anaheim, Calif.
Number: 0256 0257
Size: 4.25 to 4.75 inches tall

Thaddeus
Acquired: December 18, 2004, gift from Wallace Schroeder
Number: 0263
Size: 4.75 inches tall

Kurt S. Adler firefighter and police officer 1
Acquired: September 28, 2008, A Christmas Past, New Hope, Pa.
Number: 0519 0520
Size: 4 inches tall
Price:$7.95 each

Kurt S. Adler firefighter and police officer 2
Acquired: September 13, 2009, A Christmas to Remember, Lake George, N.Y.
Number: 0718 0719
Size: 4 inches tall
Price: $9.99 each
(Note that in just short of a year I acquired 200 penguin ornaments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment