Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Rocks epilogue

The journey’s not over until it’s over. I flew to Texas from Philadelphia, which means I would have to go by New Hope on the drive home. Well, I don’t have to go through New Hope, but I’ll use any excuse to visit a Christmas shop, and New Hope is the home of A Christmas Past, one of my favorites. I never know if I’ll come away with a couple of shopping bags full of penguins or just a handful. I’ve even struck out a couple of times, mostly because I’ve already got whichever penguins they have available from a previous trip. I visit A Christmas Past two or three times a year. Even if I leave empty handed, it’s always fun to stop in and it’s a nice way to take a break during a long drive home.  On this particular visit, I found quite a few penguins, including a couple of the duplicates in my collection. More about those repeats tomorrow.

Kurt S. Adler plastic skaters
Acquired: September 28, 2008, A Christmas Past, New Hope, Pa.
Number: 0511 0512 0513
Size: 5 inches tall
Price: $9.95 each

TJ’s Christmas penguins with red knit hats and scarves holding gifts, tree and skis
Acquired: September 28, 2008, A Christmas Past, New Hope, Pa.
Number: 0514 9515 0516
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment