Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas

The penguins have taken over another igloo and are decorating it for Christmas. You can see the other igloo ornaments I’ve posted so far by clicking on the label below. Meanwhile two of their friends are busy building a snowman on a toboggan. You can also search for more snowman ornaments below. I think all the igloos are online now, but I’ve got more snowmen to come.

It's all penguins, mostly Christmas tree ornaments
It’s beginning to look a lot like penguins at my house. Today my friends Charlie, Marge and Jenny Babaz came over to help me sort through my ornaments and separate the ones we’ll use on our Festival of Trees entry. This meant getting a dozen or so tubs out of storage and then unwrapping hundreds of ornaments, one by one. The Babazes were a huge help, though there’s still quite a way to go, and they even brought spaghetti for dinner.

My dining room table before (above) and after (below)

Meanwhile, I’ve caught up on cataloging the new ornaments I’ve acquired since summer. We’re up to 843 now. That’s 74 new penguins this year . . . and counting.

Three penguins decorating a sparkly igloo
Acquired: August 21, 2008, Christmas Cottage, New York City
Number: 0491
Size: 3.25 inches tall
Price: $9.95

Two penguins building snowman on a toboggan
Acquired: August 21, 2008, Christmas Cottage, New York City
Number: 0492
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: $9.95

3 comments:

  1. That was so much fun!! We have always admired your ornaments, but it makes me appreciate them more now that I helped unwrap them!!! I bet they are all glad to be out of the box for another season of bring cheer and happiness! Can't wait for the festival of trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fun has only just begun, Jen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait to see the tree in all its glory. :)

    ReplyDelete