Thursday, November 18, 2010

The gang’s all here

Here it is, the largest single set of penguin ornaments in my collection. I call them the sports group because most of them seem to be togged out for various recreational activities, but not all of them. Actually they’re not all here. Each one has a serial number, from 5415 to 5438, and I’m missing at least two numbers: 5432 and 5435. Most of them came from the American Candle Factory in Bartonsville, Pa., but I had already bought the scuba diver and the one with the inner tube earlier months before at A Christmas Place in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where they very kindly let me exchange the inner tube penguin a day later after I discovered that one of its feet was broken off. I have a descriptive name for each one of these ornaments, but when I try to figure out which one is which I end up with names and penguins that don’t match. I don’t remember if I made up the names or if they came with the ornaments. If I figure it out, I’ll post an update.


Chillinz scuba diver and inner tube penguins
Acquired: April 2, 2008, A Christmas Place, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Number: 0454 0455
Size: 2 to 2.25 inches tall
Price: $4 and $3 (no explanation for the price difference)

Chillinz gang penguins
Acquired: November 2, 2008, American Candle Factory, Bartonsville, Pa.
Number: 0528 through 0547
Size: 2 to 2.5 inches tall
Price: $3.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment