Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wrong year

I have a number of ornaments that are inscribed with the year I bought them, but this one found it’s way to a clearance table where it languished for about five years until I found it. I was on my home from a trip to Montreal and had to stop at a souvenir shop for a rest room break. Once inside, I decided to snoop around just in case there were any Christmas ornaments. There were only a few and this was the only penguin. He resembles another ornament that I posted so long ago, also an Old World Christmas creation. Zoom in and you’ll see the OWC mark on the metal hanging cap.

2003 candy cane toboggan, lots of glitter and a long flowing gold and purple scarf
Acquired: April 20, 2008, Country Kettle Gift and Candy Outlet, East Stroudsburg, Pa.
Number: 0461
Size: 3.25 inches tall           
Price: $9.95

No comments:

Post a Comment