Friday, October 8, 2010

Bits and pieces

These four penguins aren’t part of a set, but they are all made by the same company and I bought them together at a drug store one day. I don’t even remember why I was in the store, but it must have been on my way to work one morning. I was surprised to see such nice ornaments in a chain drug store, especially since the Christmas aisle was about half depleted and it looked like a tornado had gone through. The snowman, for example had no nose. I looked in the cardboard box directly below where the ornament was hanging and found the tip of either a snowman nose or a penguin beak inside. I pocketed the nose tip, bought the ornament and glued it on when I got home. I’m not sure if it was the right nose for the snowman or not, but it came out looking pretty good. Also when I got home, I found two holes in the bottom of the penguin with the tall red polka dot hat where his legs should have been. I imagine he had wiry legs like the penguin in the tool bag, but I think he looks fine as is.

All Merry Brite ornaments acquired December 7, 2007, CVS drug store, Eagle Valley, Pa.
Penguin in a blue bag of toys with white wire legs
Number: 0431
Size: 4.25 inches tall
Price: $2.99

Penguin with snowman and Christmas tree on patch of blue and white glittery snow
Number: 0432
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: $7.99

Roly poly penguin with tall, red hat with white polka dots
Number: 0433
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: $2.99

Penguin and Santa Claus on a green sled
Number: 0434
Size: 2.5 inches tall
$2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment