Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blue beauty

This glittery blue penguin accented with diamond rhinestones came from a great Christmas store near where I used to live years ago in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. I had found the place in the yellow pages while I was visiting relatives. By the time I was ready to check out I had a whole shopping basket full of penguins. I asked how long the store had been there, thinking it must be a new place. “About 35 years,” the clerk told me. I couldn’t believe it. I had probably driven by the place hundreds of times and never noticed it and I even went several times to another store in the same shopping center.

December Diamonds glittery penguin with rhinestone accents
Acquired: April 12, 2008, A Christmas Place, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Number: 0453
Size: 4 inches tall
Price: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment