Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happiness


I’m getting ahead of myself here because I can’t wait to get this penguin onto the blog. Last night we had a great party to celebrate my sister and brother-in-law’s anniversary in Ravello, Italy, where they were married 20 years ago. I arrived Sunday, checked into the hotel and went to the town plaza to unwind from the trip. Practical things, like finding an ATM, looking for others who might have arrived, and having a glass of wine, were on the list of things to do the first night. I walked down one of the town’s narrow side streets and spotted a little toyshop that had some Christmas ornaments displayed on a wooden rack. Today’s ornament, the last one of its kind in the shop, was hanging from the very top — not even two hours in town and a major score. This is my first penguin ornament from Ravello (my third trip here) and I think my first in Italy. I don’t know what number it is, because I have several new penguins at home that I haven’t catalogued yet, but it’s more than 800. I’m doing an instant post on this penguin because happiness is what we all feel about John and Xena, and happiness is what we wish for them for years to come.

Old & New resin penguin holding a happiness banner
Acquired: October 4, 2010, Ravello, Italy
Number: 0810 (updated November 7, 2010)
Size: about 2 inches tall
Price: 6 euros

1 comment: