Saturday, September 25, 2010

Self-made penguins

These two penguins came from a kit that made four finger puppet ornaments. I bought it on the way to a family gathering for Thanksgiving. We had a good time putting them together, although it was difficult because they are so small. I remember it was especially tricky wrapping a black pipe cleaner around a paper cone for the body, gluing it down as you twisted it around. My great niece and great nephew, Hayley Brown and Cory McDonald kept two of them. I intended to take only the one I made, but I forgot to pack it although I assigned it a number. My brother mailed it to me later with some presents and I opened it on Christmas Day to find not one but two penguins inside. By that time I had added a number of other ornaments, so their numbers are not consecutive. If whoever made the extra ornament wants it, I’ll be happy to send it along. Meanwhile, both are happily ensconced at My Penguin Tree.

Do-it-yourself kit penguins
Acquired: November 18, 2007, Cracker Barrel, Walterboro, S.C.
Number: 0402 0445
Size: 4.75 inches tall
Price: $1.49

No comments:

Post a Comment