Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kris Kringle, part I: the real thing

While I was making plans for a convention trip to San Diego, I couldn’t help noticing that Anaheim and Phoenix where kind of in the neighborhood. These were three cities where I needed to see baseball games in order to complete my tour of all the Major League ballparks. So I devised a plan to fly in to Phoenix, drive to San Diego for the convention, and then drive back to Phoenix to fly home. I was hungry when I arrived back in Phoenix and I also wanted to see a little bit of the city during my short stay there. Oh, yeah, I also thought I might be able to find a penguin ornament. Well, I found several, including this tiny realistic emperor, in Scottsdale at Kris Kringle, the coolest Christmas shop I’ve ever seen. I’ve already posted another one of the penguins I bought back in April when I needed to post an Easter egg shaped ornament. For the next several days I’ll be posting the rest along with more about this amazing store.

Small realistic emperor
Acquired: Sept. 2, 2007, Kris Kringle, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Number: 0367
Size: 2 inches tall
Price: $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment