Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kris Kringle, part VI: Last, but . . .well . . . least

Marge took her time wrapping each of the eight ornaments I bought in recycled pieces of bubble wrap, a nice personal touch, like her handwritten price tags that you can see in some of the pictures, or her receipt which said “31MAR” that ran off the edge of the paper. Marge put this smallest skating penguin in its own oversized plastic bag so it wouldn’t get lost on my trip home. You can see how tiny it is by the size of the metal hanging hook in the photo. That’s an ordinary wire Christmas tree hanger. The ornament has some markinsg on the bottom. It’s hard to make out, but I think the writing says “© 1991 Hmk. Cds.” Also there is a tree emblem with the number 4 that indicates this ornament is fourth of a series. I believe this is also the last of the series, and it’s also the last of the penguins from Kris Kringle. I asked Marge if she thought she might find some new collectible penguins to replace the ones I bought and she said she would let me know. I left her my email address and phone number, but I never heard from her.

Hallmark 1991 Penguin Pal tiny skater sitting on his bottom
Acquired: Sept. 2, 2007, Kris Kringle, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Number: 0374
Size: ¾ inch tall
Price: $6.95

No comments:

Post a Comment