Friday, November 4, 2011

Feeling lucky

Hallmark sent me a coupon to use on their big Holiday Open House that started today. You had to spend $50 in order to redeem it, but that’s not hard for me when it comes to penguin ornaments. There were a couple of Keepsake ornaments that I needed and I found some other ornaments to bring the total to just a few dollars short. Well, Hallmark also introduced a mystery ornament this year, a plain box that contained one of three different designs — a penguin, a Santa or a Hawaiian. There's no way to know which one you buy until after you pay for it. I really wanted the penguin, but I wasn’t going to play that game. Maybe I’d wait until the after holiday sales or look for one online instead. But because I needed to spend a little more to hit $50, I said, “Let me have a mystery box.” The clerk put about six boxes on the counter and said, “Pick on.” I gave it my best shot and grabbed one in the middle of the pack. You can see by the picture how this turned out. I got the penguin. Oh, yeah.

Hallmark Keepsake Frosty mystery penguin
Acquired: November 4, 2011, Jill’s Hallmark, Brodheadsville, Pa.
Number: unassigned, but closing in on a thousand
Size: 3 inches tall
Price: $9.95

No comments:

Post a Comment