Sunday, November 13, 2011

Late to the peppermint party

Here’s how bad I am. I was riding in the backseat and gave my niece and her boyfriend driving directions that would “accidentally” take us by the Christmas Factory not far from where I live. They had some penguin ornaments, but this is the only one I could find that I didn’t already own. It was in a basket with a bunch of other broken up ornaments, two of which (a chef and a hot chocolate drinker) I had bought three years ago, also at the Christmas Factory. I dug through the basket looking for an ornament that wasn’t broken, but this was the only one on candy cane skates holding a couple of candy cane sticks, obviously broken. At the bottom of the basket I found a bunch of broken off penguin feet and other pieces, including one piece that looked like a pinwheel. I decided to buy the broken ornament and the loose piece and glue them together when I got home. I thought it would fit better than, but as I’m writing this post, I’m realizing that I glued it on the wrong end. It’s supposed to be a ski pole, not a pinwheel. It’s too late for me to fix it now, but I’ll get to it later and post an update.

Candy cane skier
Acquired: September 3, 2011, The Christmas Factory, Marshall’s Creek, Pa.
Number: 0924 (matches 0476 and 0477)
Size: 4.5 inches tall
Price: $4.99, but reduced because it was broken

No comments:

Post a Comment