Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aquarium emporiums

On my visit to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago last September, I went into three different shops, one of them twice, or maybe there were only two shops and I hit one of them three times. Each time I found penguin items that I missed on the earlier visits. I ended up with a penguin cooking spoon rest, a penguin t-shirt, penguin shorts and three penguin Christmas tree ornaments. Check out the other two ornaments in the last two older posts in case you missed them. This one wasn’t unique to the aquarium or marked with the Shedd name in any way. I was surprised to find a Merck penguin that I didn’t already own, because I see them a lot and try to keep up with the new ones as they come out. They are escellent ornaments, usually small, but decorated nicely with an old-fashioned look. My labels list indicates I only have three Mercks, but I’m pretty sure it’s a lot more than that.

Merck Family Old World Christmas glass Playful Penguin with red Santa hat and glittery green scarf
Acquired: September 20, 2011, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago
Number: 0927
Size:2.5 inches tall
Price: $9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment