Monday, November 28, 2011

Lost and found

Before I post each ornament on the blog, I put all its information on an index card. It’s the ultimate backup system and the only place the information exists between buying ornaments and recording them on the blog. So I had a little panic tonight when I couldn’t find my mini-pack of cards for this year’s new ornaments. About half of them are already posted, but another 50 are in limbo. It would have taken days to dig up receipts and tags to reconstruct the missing cards. At the same time, I was missing a turquoise ring that I’ve worn every day for 30 years. It’s a souvenir I bought in Bernalillo, N.M., when I first visited my Uncle Lee and Aunt Lillian who lived nearby. It was Aunt Lillian who taught me the rhyming prayer “St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come around, something is lost and cannot be found.” So I went to her and him for help and moments later spotted the ring half buried in the carpet in my TV room. Then I found the index cards where they had fallen to the floor through my spiral staircase when I was carrying a pile of things upstairs. I’m still missing the receipt from my shopping spree at Bronner’s, where I found today’s ornament in the bargain area. Two out of three is an excellent record however, so thank you, Aunt Lillian, and thank you, St. Anthony.

Dressed up glass couple in red top hat, green vest and black jacket, and pink hat and necklace
Acquired: September 23, 2011, Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland, Frankenmuth, Mich.
Number: 0956
Size: 4.5 inches tall
Price: $4.98 (originally $7.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment