Sunday, November 20, 2011

Penguin tree season is on

Here’s one of several ornaments I found in the clearance section of Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland. I used it today to try out my idea for this year’s Festival of Trees at the Electric City Trolley Museum in Scranton. I just found out that the theme this year is “The Art of the Tree.” I’m going to find all the ornaments attributed to actual artists and mount them inside empty frames. I’m thinking of calling it “Antarctic Art Gallery” or “Penguins at an Exhibition” or both. This ornament (which may or may not be a duplicate) will not be on the tree, but it was near at hand for the dry run.

I haven’t unpacked any ornaments yet, but I have unpacked two trees, including the new tall tree I want to use at the museum. Meanwhile, all the new ornaments (more coming in almost every day now) are hanging on a little metal rotating tree that I also found at Bronner’s. I’m planning to fill it with miniature ornaments, but this is what it looks like with 60-odd haphazard ornaments of all sizes and shapes.


Glass family of three penguins
Acquired: September 23, 2011, Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland, Frankenmuth, Mich.
Number: 0955
Size: 4.75 inches tall
Price: $4.98 (originally $7.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment