Saturday, July 24, 2010

Surprise

O.K., I like the Hallmark ornaments, and I’m glad they continue to offer multiple penguin ornaments every year, but this one is special. It looks like just another roly-poly penguin figurine, and a fine ornament on its own, but pop the head off and you find a surprise inside. It’s a mini cookie jar and inside there are three tiny fish cookies (“Yum,” say the penguins!). The cookies are also ornaments, each with a string for hanging on the tree. I got lucky. This was the last one of its kind in the store. Yeah, I think it’s my favorite. My favorite Hallmark, that is.

Surprise Inside Hallmark Keepsake penguin cookie jar with three fish cookies inside
Acquired: Dec. 21, 2005, Hallmark card shop, 7th Avenue, New York City
Number: 281
Size: 3.75 inches tall
Price: $9.99


No comments:

Post a Comment