Monday, July 12, 2010

Joy, oh joy

Joy is exactly what I felt when I found this ornament at the Grand Central Holiday Market in New York. A few weeks before, I was in Alice Springs, Australia, about as far away from anywhere as you can get, when I saw the same ornament at a gift shop. I liked the ornament a lot and I almost bought it then, but it was missing one of the letters and I think the wire garland was broken. Besides, I already had an excellent souvenir penguin ornament, the Alice Springs angel, from another shop down the street. I always regret it when I leave an ornament behind and this time was no exception. So, to find the again halfway around the world a few weeks later, with all its parts intact, made my day. As a bonus, it came with a matching partner, the heart-wreath skater from the Feb. 14 post and it looks like a got a little discount for buying them together.

Joy penguin
Acquired: December 2004, Grand Central Terminal Holiday Market, New York City
Number: 260
Size: 3.75 inches tall
Price: $12.50 (two for $25)

No comments:

Post a Comment