Monday, July 19, 2010

Guilty pleasure

It was an innocent enough idea. At a small family gathering in New York, someone suggested we go look at the Christmas windows. Lord & Taylor, which does just about everything well, has some of the best. Of course, once we got there, we had to go inside to look around. A stop at the Christmas decorations department turned out to be an expensive one for me. In addition to the Czech ornament posted yesterday, I also found this beautiful Christopher Radko snowman with a skating penguin and a couple of glass Waterford ornaments, which I’ll talk about tomorrow. I would have waited for the post-holiday markdowns, but I was afraid I might miss out. Also I didn’t know if I’d make it back to Lord & Taylor in time. I don’t like spending so much on myself before Christmas, but I also found some clothes on sale that I really needed and also picked up a couple of gifts for other people, which made me feel a little less guilty.

Crystal Bright by Radko snowman and skating penguin
Acquired: November, 26, 2005, Lord & Taylor, New York City
Number: 0271
Size: 5.25 inches tall
Price: $25

No comments:

Post a Comment