Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Does it count?

I was on my almost yearly ski trip to Stowe, Vt., and stopped to see what I might find at the Christmas Loft. The store is gone now, but it was a regular stop for years. On this trip I didn’t see any penguin ornaments right away. One of the store clerks asked me if I was looking for anything particular. “Penguins,” I said. “Do you have any penguin ornaments?” She led me to the back of the store muttering, “Penguins, penguins.” Then she took this ornament from the wall, held it up for me to see and asked, ”Does this one count?” There was another ornament, which turned out to be a duplicate, but this one made the stop at the Christmas Loft worthwhile.

Krinkl Xmas Eve Mini penguins on a star-shaped sleigh with clown-like snowman holding an umbrella
Acquired: Feb. 3, 2006, Christmas Loft, Stowe, Vt.
Number: 285
Size: 2.75 inches tall
Price: $8.50

No comments:

Post a Comment