Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missing skier

At first glance, these look like two identical penguin ornament sets, except that one is missing the skier. Zoom in though, and you might be able to make out that the set on top is kind of flat while the one on the bottom has full-bodied penguins. You can also see a lot of nice detail on both sets: one has a tree and songbook, one is carrying skis, one holds a sign that says “Merry Christmas,” and one has a lantern and a pouch. I don’t know if the penguin ornament manufacturers think some people prefer flattish Christmas ornaments to the well-rounded variety, or if they think they’ll sell more ornaments this way to people like me. I think the latter. If they make it, I will buy it. Here’s how bad it is. I went to both, yes, both Christmas Mouse stores in Williamsburg, Va., hoping that the second one might have the missing skier to go with the partial set I bought at the first one.

Set of three flattish carolers
Numbers: 0236 0237 0238
Set of four 3-D carolers
Numbers: 0239 0240 0241 0242
Acquired: April 3, 2004, The Christmas Mouse, Williamsburg, Va.
Size: about 2.5 inches tall
Price: $2.50 each piece

No comments:

Post a Comment