Saturday, February 13, 2010

Four wooden skiers

The title says “four wooden skiers,” so why am I only showing three?
I gave the fourth of these skiers to my friends Marie and Nancy. I should ask if they still have it, because I think I gave it to them missing one of the ski poles, which I still have. It was only the third time I ever gave an ornament away along with the two sledders from the previous post. Unlike the sledders, these skiers were different. There were two different color patterns, and at least one of them had the word “Vail” written on it. I think the one I gave away was like the Vail skier, but without the inscription.

Three wooden skiers, one inscribed “Vail.”
Acquired: mid 1980s, probably at the same time, in Vail, Colo.
Number: 0030 0031 0032
Price: unknown
Size: about 2.5 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment