Thursday, February 11, 2010

12 days of Snowbabies

Department 56 produced a 12 Days of Christmas series with their adorable white bisque porcelain Snowbabies representing the gifts in the Christmas carol. This ornament is called “Four Playful Penguins.” The inscription on the base says “4 penguins.” I don’t remember what the other numbers in the limited edition looked like, but this is the only one featuring penguins. I wonder if some collector has the other 11 pieces and can’t find the penguin ornament to complete the set. The series was reintroduced recently, but has been retired again. Here are the other numbers:
Twelve Drummers Drumming
Eleven Icy Igloos
Ten Clocks-A-Chiming
Nine Sledders Sledding
Eight Candles Burning
Seven Babies Singing
Six Gifts For Giving
Five Caribou
Three Shining Stars
Two Puffins Playing
One Baby In A Snowsuit
I bought this one about a year after my other Snowbabies ornament. I stayed in Anaheim on my way home from Australia specifically to go shopping in Downtown Disney for a Spode platter with Disney characters for my sister that I had seen the year before and couldn’t find anywhere else, including online.

Department 56 Snowbabies Four Playful Penguins from 12 Days of Christmas series
Acquired: December 2, 2004, Downtown Disney, Disneyland, Anaheim, Calif.
Number: 255
Size: 4.5 inches tall
Price: $15.50

No comments:

Post a Comment