Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Radko wall

I had a little trouble booking a hotel for my spur of the moment trip to Rehoboth Beach, Del., last summer. I was only going to be there one night and there was nothing available online within 50 miles. Then I wondered, “What if I were staying two nights.” I adjusted the trip search, hit enter, and all of a sudden there were room available everywhere. I was prepared to pay for the extra night, but when we checked out early, the front desk clerk gave me a credit for the unused balance. It’s a good thing, because the extra money came in handy when I stopped by Christmas Spirit. Their Christopher Radko wall was stocked with all the new ornaments. In addition to these three ornaments, I bought another one that I thought had a penguin, but it turned out to be a kitten. I found out at the checkout counter, but the sales clerks guilted me into buying it anyway because it was for charity, benefiting the ASPCA. I gave it as a gift to my sister Gale and her dog, Lulu.

Christopher Radko Candy Cane Club with three penguins climbing a giant candy cane
Acquired: August 7, 2010, Christmas Spirit, Rehoboth Beach, Del.
Number: 0793
Size: 5.5 inches tall
Price: $45

Christopher Radko Storybook Trio, three penguins in wooden soldier hats reading Nutcracker Suite
Acquired: August 7, 2010, Christmas Spirit, Rehoboth Beach, Del.
Number: 0794
Size: 5 inches tall
Price: $52

Christopher Radko Hide and Peek, three penguins in a pyramid of gifts, Limited Edition, No. 207 of 500
Acquired: August 7, 2010, Christmas Spirit, Rehoboth Beach, Del.
Number: 0795
Size: 6.25 inches
Price: $55

No comments:

Post a Comment