Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Damage

I’ve had a pretty good track record with damage control on the ornaments, but last year was my worst. I had to retire three ornaments that are beyond repair, joining a fourth that I retired after I bought a replacement. In addition, I’ve notice a lot of wear and tear on other ornaments. This one shows the most damage, with a lot of its paint chipped away, on the back and some spots missing on the front. I don’t know why I had such a bad year, but it might just be a matter of time catching up with me as the collection has grown. As a precaution, I have the most delicate ornaments stored inside the house now, instead of in my outdoor shed. I think the changing temperature is responsible for some of the breakage, but it might also be varmints from the woods that surround my house. Yeesh, I hope not.

Small glass ornament with blue and green scarf with gold glittery stripes
Acquired: December 2003, Target, Middletown, N.J.
Number: 208
Size: 3.25 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment