Saturday, June 19, 2010

Candy cane holders

Two of my ornaments have holes big enough to slide through, one of them horizontally and the other at an angle. I found one at a card and gift shop near where I lived in New Jersey; the other was a gift from my friend and colleague Grace Wong. I wonder if  there are any other variations in this series. When I bought mine I also bought another ornament that looks similar, but it doesn’t hold a candy cane, and it really isn’t part of the set. Still, it’s close enough that I’ve always grouped these three together. I always put candy canes on my Christmas tree and I wish I had a lot more penguin holders for them.

Angled candy cane holder, label Papel Giftware, Cranbury, N.J.
Acquired: December 2001
Number: 0191
Size: 3 inches tall

Horizontal candy cane holder
Acquired: December 2001, Hazlet Card Shop, Hazlet, N.J. 
Number: 0190
Size: 3 inches tall

Penguin similar to candy cane holders
Acquired: December 2001, Hazlet Card Shop, Hazlet, N.J.
Number: 0189
Size: 2.5 inches tall

No comments:

Post a Comment