Friday, February 17, 2012

Year of the trains


This ornament became an instant favorite in my collection. There’s just something about trains. A few months earlier I bought a handcar that was supposed to be part of a Hallmark train set, but that was the closest I ever came to finding a penguin train ornament. Also, I had no electric train for any of my trees and I doubt that I’ll ever find a penguin train, but I’ve wanted a train for as long as I can remember. However, my friend Marshall was showing me his train layout a few weeks ago, he gave me an HO trolley just like the trolley that was next to my entry in last year’s Festival of Trees. It turned out that the trolley at the museum had a special meaning, which you can read about on this link. So, with my new model trolley and no track for me to run it, I went online. I didn’t exactly find track, but instead an entire Florida Marlins train set. There’s no penguin connection there, but the Fish, now the Miami Marlins, are my other passion. None of this happened until after Christmas, but I set everything up and played with the trolley and train for a few days before everything had to be stored away until next year.

Here's the trolley, and here comes the train:


Santa train ornament
Acquired: January 20, 2012, Christmas Loft, Shelburne, Vt.
Number: 1055
Size: 4 inches long
Price: $4.99

Christmas Loft, Santa, Vemont

No comments:

Post a Comment