Thursday, February 2, 2012

A sweet score

I'm usually not looking for anything specific when I shop for penguin ornaments, but I had been trying to find Pittsburgh Penguin candy cane ornaments for years. Sure, I could probably have looked for them on the internet, but that takes some of the fun out of collecting. Besides, I often browse for penguin ornaments just to see what's out there and I never stumbled upon these online. So, I had an extra bus ticket from my final monthly commuting pass and decided to ride into New York before the ticket expired just to have a fun no-work day in the city. Also, I wanted to mail my Christmas cards from the United Nations post office and keep my annual tradition going at least one more year. On the way back to Times Square I discovered the NHL store and I saw the ornaments through a window.

Six plastic Pittsburgh penguin candy cane ornaments
Acquired: December 20, 2011, Reebok NHL store, New York City, N.Y>
Number: 1029 through 1034
Size: 5 inches tall
Price: $18/set

No comments:

Post a Comment