Sunday, February 12, 2012

Down to the wire

I ducked away from my group a second time to buy penguin ornaments on the trip to New York City after Christmas that I talked about in yesterday’s post. I had to go get my overnight bag and then meet my friends at Penn Station for the ride home. On the way, I went by a very cool gift shop that always has a penguin or two at Christmas time. I knew I wouldn’t be back for a while, so I stopped in to buy these three ornaments. I made it to the station and bought a ticket minutes before the train was leaving and, thanks to cell phones, met up with the group again as they were getting on the train. Somewhere along the way, I lost the receipt, and I don’t remember how much they were. In all, the overnight trip to the city gave me seven ornaments, a pretty good haul.

Alpaca knit min penguins with green hat and orange and red striped hat made in Peru
Acquired: December 28, 2011, Arcadia, Chelsea, New York City, N.Y.
Number: 1043 1044
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: ??

Alpaca black and white striped little jailbird penguin
Acquired: December 28, 2011, Arcadia, Chelsea, New York City, N.Y.
Number: 1045
Size: 5 inches tall
Price: ??

No comments:

Post a Comment