Sunday, January 9, 2011

Doubling up

The holiday season got off to an early start a couple of years ago when I had to take my laptop to the Apple Store for service. While I was at the mall I decided to see what was up at the department stores. It was mid November, but the Christmas department was all set up at Macy’s, where I found a number of ornaments, including the fat penguin with tinsel earmuffs, a candy cane in each wing and dangling orange feet. It’s kind of funny that exactly one year later, I bought the same ornament at another Macy’s.

Roly-poly penguin with tinsel earmuffs holding two candy canes with dangling orange feet
Acquired: November 19, 2009, Macy’s, Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, Pa.
Number: 0723
Size: 4 inches tall
Price: $7

Acquired: November 19, 2010, Macy’s Herald Square, New York
Number: 0852
Price: $4.86 discounted (originally $9)

No comments:

Post a Comment