Sunday, August 29, 2010

Coincidence

It’s nice that these two ornaments follow yesterday’s post. All three probably should have been posted together, but I didn’t realize that until now. I originally had another ornament posted for today, but found out later that I had already posted that penguin in April. (I knew it seemed familiar.) That left a hole in the blog and these two were next up, so here are two more wooden penguin ornaments by the same team that made yesterday’s dangly footed entry. These two I bought about a week later at a different place. I call the one with the Santa hat “Maya” because its static seated pose reminds me of an ancient Mayan sculpture. The tall, slender penguin is one of my favorites because of the beautifully painted holly and bow on its belly.

Erik and Mike carved wood penguin posed like a Mayan statue with red glittery Santa hat, made in Bali, Indonesia
Acquired: December 14, 2006, Vanderbilt Holiday Market, Grand Central Terminal, New York
Number: 354
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: $10.00

Erik and Mike elegantly carved wood penguin with painted garland vest
Acquired: December 14, 2006, Vanderbilt Holiday Market, Grand Central Terminal, New York
Number: 355
Size: 4 inches tall
Price: $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment