Thursday, August 12, 2010

Buy me?

Cute, right? I mean, with that cocked head and the expression imploring you to pull this penguin off the shelf and take him home, it’s like a puppy in a pet store window. The frosty face and belly are nicely done. I don’t know what the penguin is holding under his right wing. It might be the tip of a candy cane, but I can’t make it out in the photo. I keep finding details like this when I look at the closeup shots of the ornaments. Another detail on this ornament can be seen in the silver areas, particularly on the scarf. Fine glass ornaments like this one are painted silver or coated with actual silver on the inside. That’s what makes all the other colors on the outside so brilliant.

Glass penguin with cocked head, made in Czech Republic
Acquired: November 28, 2006, Macy’s Herald Square, New York
Number: 0325
Size: 3.25 inches tall
Price: $7.20 (40 percent off)

No comments:

Post a Comment