Friday, December 16, 2011

Who’s snatching all the penguins in the Poconos?

The Corningware store at the nearby outlet center is a regular stop in my annual hunt for penguin ornaments. They always seem to have a few good penguins, not to mention a lot of other tempting gewgaws and gadgets for the holidays. I’m glad I checked in early to get this set of four. There were only a few penguins left on the tree after I picked it clean and not enough to make a complete set like this one. “You probably have more of these,” I said to the clerk. “No,” she said.  “That’s probably all we’ll get.” Selling out of penguins so early? It was the same story at my Target store. There must be somebody out here besides me grabbing them up.

Four penguins with green and red striped hats
Acquired: November 14, 2011, Corningware Corelle store, The Crossings Premium Outlet, Tannersville, Pa.
Number: 0974 0975 0976 0977
Size: 3 to 3.5 inches tall
Price: $4.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment