Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Frostbite?

I don’t know what happened to this penguin’s toes or when it happened, but it looks like both feet are broken. I never noticed anything wrong until I saw the photo blown up. These glass ornaments have a tendency to shatter spontaneously, I think from the pressure built up in the glass when it’s blown into shape. Maybe it was broken when I bought it and didn’t notice because it’s so small. Either way, it’s not broken enough to leave it off the tree this year. This ornament is involved in another mystery. I don’t know how much I paid for it. There was a gigantic receipt from Bronner’s with all 40 ornaments and several other Christmas things I bought. I have lots of other receipts from the same trip, because I had to file a business expense report, but I don’t know what happened to the one from Bronner’s.

Little shiny black glass penguin with white glittery belly
Acquired: September 23, 2011, Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland, Frankenmuth, Mich.
Number: 0965
Size: 2.25 inches tall
Price: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment