Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Star of wonder

I finally made it to the annual Christkindlmarkt in Bethleham, Pa., a crafts festival based on German traditions. Not only did I get a lot of Christmas shopping done, but I also found some Christmas goodies for myself, including this nice glass penguin from my old friend Käthe Wohlfahrt, the big Christmas shop empire from Germany. The ornament has her trademark shooting star emblem attached at the top. You can see some of the treasures I found on a visit a couple of years ago by clicking here. You have to go through a few posts to see them all. And stay tuned for more from Bethlehem’s Christkindlmarkt in the next few posts.

Käthe Wohlfahrt glass penguin with tree
Acquired: December 18, 2011, Christkindlmarkt, Bethlehem, Pa.
Number: 1020
Size: 3.5 inches tall
Price: $8.62

No comments:

Post a Comment