Saturday, April 10, 2010

I wonder

My first visit to Canada was in 1986 with my mother and my two nieces, Nikki and Lona. We were going by RV across America via Niagara Falls, Chicago, Wisconsin and Mt. Rushmore, then south to New Mexico where we would meet up with my older brother and sister, who were Lona’s father and Nikki’s mother. I picked up a few ornaments along the way, including this one that came from a souvenir shop in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It’s a mystery why I can remember exactly where I got some ornaments, but can’t remember anything about others that I bought a few days earlier or later. Maybe there’s some magic in this one, like the souvenirs in a short-lived TV series called Wonder Falls. If you haven’t seen the show, it’s worth looking for the DVD.

Metal silhouette ornament with crystal star
Acquired: July 29, 1986, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Number: 0050
Size: 4.25 inches tall
Price: 4.59 $CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment