Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Little gem

After my conference in Virginia I was able to spend some time with my friends Steve and SallyAnn in Maryland and my niece Becky, who came up from Roanoke. SallyAnn made this little gem of an ornament for me. The penguin is actually a glass bead, which SallyAnn embellished with a few more tiny glass danglers. You can get an idea how small this ornament is if you look at the thickness of its wire hanging hook or at the tree light at the bottom center of the photo. SallyAnn does wonderful things with beads. You can see some examples here: http://www.etsy.com/people/bluegatorjewelry

Glass bead
Acquired: October 28, 2010, gift from SallyAnn Rogers, Mt. Rainier, Md.
Number: 0832
Size: 2 inches tall

1 comment:

  1. Thanks,for the plug, Dee. You won't believe this, but yesterday I actually thought about this ornament and wondered if I had missed your posting of it.

    ReplyDelete