Monday, April 18, 2011

Facing deadlines

So am I getting tired of these penguin ornaments or am I feeling sad that I’m almost at the end of the collection? Maybe a little bit of both. It’s been a lot of fun putting this blog together over the last 16 months, rarely missing a day until recently. Now it’s been more than a week since I posted. The strange thing is that I’ve actually written the final week’s worth of posts, but I just haven’t been putting them up. Maybe tax time is to blame. I managed to procrastinate again this year even with the extended deadline. I mailed my returns (all four of them!) this morning after a last minute scare with my copier toner going low just as I made my last copy. So, here’s today’s penguin, a little past due, but worth the wait. We’ve seen this idea before, a penguin painted on a clear, flat glass circle with a snowy filling.

Living Quarters clear flattish circle with snowballs inside and penguin wearing red and yellow hat and blue snowflake scarf
Acquired: December 10, 2010, Bon Ton, Steamtown Mall, Scranton, Pa.
Number: 0904
Size: 4 inches diameter
Price: $3.20 (originally $10)

No comments:

Post a Comment